Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Friday, June 22, 2007

oh it's the little things

So. I am feeling much happier and am keeping my self (nominally) sane by the judicious use of:

Bright and cheery lippie (pink! red!)

Music and singing (hey, one advantage of working in a hotel room by yourself, you can be noisy)

Assembling outfits to amuse myself (oh, look at that tropical resort wear inspired skirt print, oh hark now serious business woman - it's like playing barbie, but I'm it) (not that I like barbie dolls, well, I did, but you know, I turned out hairy and opinionated and not at all blow dried - then again I do wear lipstick to cheer myself up - that can't be altogether healthy? thanks a lot barbie)

Little naps. Oh the deep recharge half hour nap when you suddenly get odd jet lag or screen burn out. They are so so good (nap, not the other 2 things)

Writing all my crap into my diary

Cups of herbal tea, brought the herbal tea with me - absolutely inspired moment of shopping and packing that one

Yes, well, that's about it really. Well I did say little things. I guess you just weren't expecting nano scale.

Strange to be suffering sensory deprivation in a city that last time overwhelmed me with sensory inputs. Hope to head out tomorrow and have a much longer brisk walk, as gap between two project thingies. Maybe head over the other side of town for breakfast. Maybe do some looking and photo taking. Ooh, maybe find a bookshop or head back to Craftlink the fair trade-ish traditional crafts shop I went to last time. I think I promised 2 girls at work a scarf each, they were helping on the stuff. I'm sure they'll never believe it if I run out of time to go. No fuck it, will go. Can probably get there and back in 2 hours and have coffee at same time. Will pencil in for Tuesday afternoon I reckon. Sorry, this is now verging on acttually talking to myself. I'll let you go!

happy weekends all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When do you get back?

11:21 am  
Blogger J said...

Friday (29th) in the morning.
Could be around for coffee that afternoon... :) (or is that a work day for you?)

12:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes @ work :(

12:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home