Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Is it just me or….

Is Thom Yorke incredibly sexy? Is anyone else completely smitten by shoegazing eco electro folk grunge angst as embodied by pint-sized musos who demonstrate remarkable adaptability of style? I know that Radiohead have been around for a squillion years (13?), but, nonetheless, as I sit with earphones on listening to back catalogue I’m digging it.

I don’t have his new album but from what I’ve heard it sounds good. His interview in the Big Issue was brief but cool. Love a guy who says “ No one is actually grappling with the wider questions – we can’t endlessly consume as human beings. We have to start thinking in amore fundamental way about how we live on the planet.”

So, sorry Jack White, this may bode badly for our love puppies – I think you may have been surpassed as my completely pointless rock star love interest*. I always like the moody, slightly melancholic ones it seems**. I maintain that Morrissey is a maker of fine upbeat and cheery tunes to do housework to and not slit-your-wrists material as maintained by so many detractors.

*Not implying that Thom or Jack are completely pointless – that would be rude. No, just that my interest is pointless.
** Although I do have a strange aversion to Beth Orton, who listening to I think is a bit like walking through a thick fog when all your clothes get slightly damp and cold and stay that way even when you get back inside somewhere warm. She seems a bit limp and dish-raggy to me and I worry about whether she’s getting enough to eat.

2 Comments:

Blogger BSharp said...

Thom york would only come up to your shoulder. He's that. tiny.

10:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But there's no rule that says you can't have two imaginary rock husbands, so you could keep Jack White too

10:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home