Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Frankly dear

You have to just love frank friends (and I’m not even being sarcastic here). Thanking Aunty B for sage advice times 2 over lunch the other day – you just know its good for you even when you don’t want to hear it.
Goes a little like this:
“Do you think maybe I should shag (--)?”
“Nah (scrunches up nose), it wouldn’t be any good.”
“Well, but…maybe. You know, there’d be effort and caring”
“No, it’d be..(more screwing up of face)”
”But you know, maybe…”
“Nah, he’d be no good at it”

And later she tells me that my white shirt needs to go because it’s too tight.
“well, yeah a bit tight, but but would you call this too tight?”
“Yeah there are gaps between the buttons. I think maybe it needs to go.”

And actually, she had a good point on both counts. My conclusions are that life’s wardrobe and bedroom pitfalls are more easily navigated with some help from friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger BSharp said...

Oh whoops, clunking through life in my big dirty advice-givign boots again. You are of course, free to ignore any little gems like that at any time. Button gaps can be a look, too!

2:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'scuse me, Miz Sharp, but who told me last week to stop apologizing?
Say thank you prettily to the nice lady now. :)

4:27 pm  
Blogger J said...

Oh darl it was so not a pay out. I like getting good advice!!

9:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home